SiteOrigin CSS is the simple yet powerful CSS editor for WordPress. It gives you visual controls that let you edit the look and feel of your site in real-time.
We’ve created a site editing experience that will suit both beginners and advanced users alike. Beginners will love the simple visual controls and real-time preview. Advanced users will love the code autocompletion that makes writing CSS faster than ever.
The hardest part of editing your site’s design using CSS is usually finding the correct selector to use. The powerful inspector that comes with SiteOrigin CSS makes this easy. While viewing a full preview of your site, just click on an element, and it’ll help you identify the best selector to use to target that element.
The inspector will help you even if you have no idea what a CSS selector is.
Don’t like playing around with code? No problem. SiteOrigin CSS has a set of simple controls that make it easy to choose colors, styles, and measurements. Combined with the inspector, you’ll be able to make changes in just a few clicks.
SiteOrigin CSS has a powerful CSS editor, the likes of which you’d usually only expect from high-end IDEs. It has autocompletion for both CSS selectors and attributes. It also features very useful CSS linting to help you identify issues in your code before you publish your changes.
We’re committed to keeping SiteOrigin CSS free. You can install it on as many sites as you like without ever worrying about licensing. All future updates and upgrades will be free, and we even offer free support over on our friendly support forums.
Works With Any Theme
There’s an ever-growing collection of awesome WordPress themes, and now with SiteOrigin CSS, you can edit every single one of them to your heart’s content. No matter what theme you’re using, SiteOrigin CSS will work perfectly.
We’re actively developing SiteOrigin CSS. Keep track of what’s happening over on GitHub.
Documentation is available on SiteOrigin.
Free support is available on the SiteOrigin support forums.
SiteOrigin Premium enhances SiteOrigin CSS with a Google Web Font Selector. Choose from hundreds of beautiful web fonts right in the visual editor.
SiteOrigin Premium includes access to our professional email support service, perfect for those times when you need fast and effective technical support. We’re standing by to assist you in any way we can.
Capturas de pantalla
- Upload and install SiteOrigin CSS in the same way you’d install any other plugin.
- Read the usage documentation on SiteOrigin.
Colaboradores & Desarrolladores
“SiteOrigin CSS” es software de código abierto. Las siguientes personas han contribuido a este plugin.Colaboradores
Historial de cambios
1.5.5 – 30 September 2022
- Added a check to ensure WP Filesystem is setup.
1.5.4 – 28 September 2022
- Developer: Introduced definable Custom CSS file name and location using
1.5.3 – 25 May 2022
- Updated WordPress
Tested up totag.
1.5.2 – 27 January 2022
Tested up totag to
1.5.1 – 30 December 2021
- Basic Editor Theme Setting: Updated field to show selected option.
1.5.0 – 16 December 2021
- Basic Editor: Added a dark theme option.
- Ajax Saving: Resolved unintended slashes added during escaping.
1.4.3 – 29 November 2021
- Restored editor scrollbar.
- Added a fixed editor height.
1.4.2 – 08 November 2021
- Fixed string translation functions.
1.4.1 – 02 November 2021
- Removed Save button rounding.
- Fixed Visual Editor
Navigate Tolink functionality.
1.4.0 – 11 October 2021
- Added Ajax saving. Users can now save in the expanded and visual editors without exiting to basic editor.
- Expanded/Visual toolbar buttons re-ordered for consistency between modes.
- Removed Font Awesome. Icons are now added via a custom font.
1.3.2 – 20 July 2021
Tested up totag.
1.3.1 – 10 July 2021
- Updated the Plugins page action link list.
1.3.0 – 14 June 2021
- Inspector: Added a new Border Radius setting to the Decoration tab.
- Allowed for right-clicking anywhere in the Basic Editor.
1.2.14 – 26 April 2021
- Resolved Photo Gallery by 10Web plugin conflict.
1.2.13 – 01 February 2021
- Inspector: Added support for WooCommerce single product tabs.
- Inspector: Highlight important classes when element with class is selected.
- Restored the scrollbar in the Custom CSS content field.
- Developer: Further changes for jQuery 3.5.
- Developer: For WP 4.9+ use the WordPress version of CodeMirror if available.
- Developer: Removed
socss-codemirror-show-hintas a dependency. The script can now be removed to disable hints.
1.2.12 – 12 December 2020
- Developer: jQuery updates for WordPress 5.6.
1.2.11 – 21 October 2020
- Fixed Background image setting writing to CSS.
1.2.10 – 09 September 2020
- Increased the specificity of the Save CSS button styling to prevent plugin conflicts.
1.2.9 – 29 July 2020
- Resolved Font Family field output.
1.2.8 – 22 May 2020
custom_csstextarea to prevent conflicts.
1.2.7 – 19 May 2020
1.2.6 – 15 May 2020
- Minor visual editor form styling fixes.
- Resolved PHP 7.4
- Moved the basic editor Save button to the sidebar.
1.2.5 – 05 February 2020
themeCSSlocalized script to prevent
- Minor form styling fixes.
- Updated CSS NPM library.
- Rebuilt minified files using new build script.
1.2.4 – 17 January 2019
- Prefix so-css for all codemirror assets.
- Prevent JS error when attempting to set active element to null.
1.2.3 – 25 June 2018
- Add preview iframe ‘load’ event listener in
- Reverted change to stylesheet hook.
1.2.2 – 16 June 2018
- Removed reference to non-existent view.
1.2.1 – 15 June 2018
.minsuffix from new stylesheets for CodeMirror plugins.
1.2.0 – 6 June 2018
- Updated CSS library.
- UI changes to make it more obvious when viewing revision.
- Ensure revisions are sorted in descending time order.
- Don’t link to revision currently being displayed.
- Add search functionality to editor.
- Enable persistent search and JumpToLine.
1.1.5 – 19 September 2017
site_urlto determine where to open CSS preview.
- Increment and decrement buttons work when value empty or zero. Also added repeating action while button held down.
- Scroll editor instead of the whole page so ‘Save’ button is always visible.
- Set color CSS on visual editor and inspector.
- Saving generated CSS to stylesheet file in uploads directory.
1.1.4 – 31 January 2017
- Updated CodeMirror to 2.25.2.
- Removed extra line padding.
- Better integration with WordPress.org translation.
1.1.3 – 31 January 2017
- Removed leading slash in paths after plugin_dir_url().
- Updated to latest CodeMirror.
- Fixed padding issue that was causing problems with Firefox and the color picker.
1.1.2 – 11 November 2016
- Ignore anything other than actual rules in media query subrules.
- Removed depreciated jQuery function.
- Updated CSSLint library.
- Updated minicolors.
1.1.1 – 28 September 2016
- Properly handle errors in frontend CSS.
- Added notice about SiteOrigin Premium.
1.1 – 26 September 2016
- Changed CSS parsing library. Fixed several issues with the visual editor mode.
- Added address bar to preview window.
- Small CSS fixes.
- Small changes to allow adding more visual editor fields.
1.0.8 – 15 August 2016
- Fixed action link.
- Support for GlotPress.
- Removed unused code.
- Handling of @imports for future addons.
1.0.7 – 4 July 2016
- Ensure user can copy/paste in editor via context menu.
- Added plugin action links
- Add classes on
bodyelement to selectors window.
1.0.6 – 24 February 2016
- Disabled autocompletion on single item (automatic autocompletion).
- Fixed conflict with NextGen Gallery.
- Only display relevant linting messages.
1.0.5 – 21 January 2016
- Updated to latest version of Code Mirror.
1.0.4 – 10 November 2015
- Fixed CSS parsing when going into visual mode.
1.0.3 – 29 October 2015
- Changed video image
- Adjust revision times by GMT offset.
- Don’t overwrite media queries sub styles, rather just append them.
- Dequeue functionality that conflicted with WordPress color picker, if it’s enqueued.
- Removed wp_styles for compatibility with older versions of WordPress
- Fixed conflicts with CSS editor in SiteOrigin themes.
- Force dequeue scripts that cause problems with main editing interface.
- Made it easier to follow links with inspector enabled.
- Lanzamiento inicial.